Sailing along and around, powered by novel multiplayer architecture.
Realm-scale turn-based strategy.
Mount-riding side-scroller, with an additional dimension.
- Use the web platform
- The game should feel like it belongs in the browser, rather than happening to be rendered inside it.
- Only multiplayer
- The more players I manage to get into a shared world, the happier I’ll be.
- Players impact the world
- Player actions should keep the game world in continous flux, and its state should both affect and motivate gameplay.
- Expressive traversal mechanics
- Moving slow, moving fast, hiding, crashing, tumbling…. Navigating the game world should be a series of challenges and decisions.
- Hidden information and input randomness
- Fewer dice rolls. More stealth, line of sight, guesstimation, vague maps, and changing conditions.